The Katana has been Rome's top binding for a long time now built on Romes principles of, customisation matters, all in a lightweight and responsive package. This is a top end all mountain binding which uses Romes very clever AsymWrap chassis. This Asymwrap chassis only connects at the heel loop on the outerside to promote a more surfy feel and give a really powerful lightweight feel so you can charge around the mountain. The underside of the chassis then utilises D30 for vibration dampening to smooth out the ride endlessly. This is a specific D30 product fine tuned to vibration dampening.
Keeping with the asymetric feel Rome use their and asym highback for a asymetric flex to match the asymetric chassis. This has an asymetric split through the highback to offer lateral and torsional flex with a high glass fibre content to give instant response. The flex window matches the shape of your calf and gives more support on the outer side to again match your calf.
The Katana uses the Pivot mount max for endless strap options too with 64 differnt possibilities for the ankle strap position. The key settings are move the strap higher to hold the boot in more and rive more power, move the strap lower to offer more flex for a more freestyl orientated setup or all the way back for smaller boots for better lock down.
Throw in the ultralight stitch free straps and incredible auxgrip toe cap which is made of individual joints to prevent the material from stressing and you have an incredible binding with endless customisation options, excellent performance and super slick looks. This Auxgrip strap is clever too and I mean clever. These joints allow it to bend twist and form to any shape of boot to give the most comfortable toe cap with literally the best fit on the market. Also by oversizing and simplifying the ankle strap the Katana eliminates pressure points for extreme comfort!
Tread on your straps? Sick of breaking them in the cold? All Rome bindings have a tension system to keep the strap out of the way so you dont stand on them when starpping in. Simply set the seperate stretchy PU strap and it will always pull out of the way when open, CLEVER!
There is a good reason the katana has been the top of the pile for a while and still is. Excellent performance matched with excellent comfort in a super slick looking package with endless customisation, what more could you want?! How about a 2 year warranty on all parts? Yep no one in the industry offers that but Rome beleive in their product that much they do, highly reccomended!
|Snowboard Binding Gender||
- AsymWrap Technology - Connects via two pints on the instep side of the chassis and one on the lateral side to deliver power with a surfy feel
- AsymChannel highback - Powerful glass filled highback for response with asymetric flex window for an ergonomic flex pattern
- Ultralight Ankle Strap - Oversized, non stitched, formed strap with ergonomic shape to give a strap with no pressure points
- AuxGrip Toe Strap - Made from Auxetic shapes so as the toe cap stretches each point of the shape moves like a joint instead of stretching for maximum durability. these toecaps form to the boot and grip incredibly well
- D30 V-Rod SubBase Pad - D30 for unparallelled vibration dampening, Vrod is different thicknesses of foam under foot to allow the board to flex more naturally and prevent a dead spot on the board with just 1.56% or hard plastic touching the board
- PivotMount Max Technology - Provides 64 different options for the pivot mount to sit in. Move the Pivot mount into the upper position to hold more of the boot and drive more power. Move into into the lower postion for more tweak or move it to the rear postion for more tension in the strap
- Tool-Free Yes, I Cant - Canted footbeds to give a more natural rider position, these come with nuetral and canted footbeds in the box
- Cant in the back II - High back canting, one of the only brands offering this to match the angle of your stance and the canting in your footbed
- Full highback Rotation with Channel adjuster - Allows you to match the highback to the heel edge of your board for better power transfer
- Tool Free highback forward lean adjuster - Choose to lean or not to lean!