The 2020 Rome Gangplank is one hell of a freestyle board. Used and abused by most of the Rome team for being a trusty freesyle stick which wont let you down. True twin, mid flex and tons of pop!
It packs a punch with a very lightweight core with the pop matrix core using two bands of lightweight wood tip to tail sandwiched between strong poplar wood. Rome then add their super clever Hot Rods to the core by milling channels into the core and inserting a hollow sleeve to which a bamboo rod is insterted. This is anchored at the inner most point of the board and allowed to move freely to generate plenty of pop and response making the gangplank very lively and able to pop huge ollies.
A really nice clever feature of the Gangplank is the camber profile and sidecut combination. The Gangplank uses Romes contact rocket which is a stable flat camber profile between the feet with reverse camber on the outside of the feet. This has been a tried and tested freestyle profile for a while with a very stable landing platformand catch free feel thanks to the reverse in the tip and tail. The downside usually is a lack of grip but Rome add their quickrip sidecut to stop this.
Quickrip is two off set sidecuts integrated into one creating two additional contact points on each edge under foot. This enables you to get the grip back that you lose with a flat / reverse camber profile. The result is really good too! Plenty of grip with a catch free feel, win win!
Throw in a very fast sintered base and a shed load more pop and you know the Gangplank has your back whatever you put in front of it.
|Snowboard Riding Style||
|Snowboard Riding Level||
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- True Twin - Centre stance twin profile, the perfect all mountain freestyle partner
- Contact Rocker Profile - Flat camber between the feet with rocker on the outside for a stable board with a catch free feel
- Quickrip Sidecut technology - Additional contact points under foot thanks to two blended sidecuts to give extra grip back on a flat or reverse camber board
- Bamboo Single Barrel Hot Rods - Milled into the core is a sleeve with a bamboo rod instered which is allowed to move for more pop, more response and a liveley feeling board
- Sintertrue Base - Fast! high grade sintered base
- Rebound Sidewalls - Durable and built to take a beating thanks to an elastomeric compound added to the sidewall
- Glasspack Impact Plates - added for extra durability and increased response under foot
- Pop Core matrix - 2 tip to tail bands of lightweight wood sandwiched between strong stable poplar
- StraightBiax laminates - Two layers of fibreglass laid up on opposed axis for a mellow flex and added response