The 2020 Rome Mechanic Wide is an incredible value snowboard whether you are making your first turns or pushing your progression in the park or on the mountain. With a true twin shape, mid flex and quickrip side cut this is a winner for any one out there wanting to push their riding on a budget.
The Mechanic uses Romes quickrip sidecut which is two different diameter sidecuts blended together to create additional contact pints under foot. Why do i need this? Well the Mechanic is base on Romes contact camber profile which is flat between the feet with rocker in the tip and tail. This is great for learning to ride, getting away with your tricks not being 100% on point or furthering your all mountain carbon skills as you progress. this is thanks to the contact points being raised away from the snow. The downside of these camber profiles are you lose grip so the quick rip with two additional contact points conteracts this so you can keep your grip while still having all the catch free benefits of the contact camber profile.
To keep the pop and response up without hurting your wallet rome add hot rods to the board but use a cheaper fibreglass rods for the extra response and pop rather than the more expensive carbon or bamboo found in other models. The same applies on the base, this is an extruded base (which has its own benefits like waaaay more easy to maintain) but it is a more highly rated extruded base at 3000 which is where some competiors extruded are at 1500, double the speed!
A great starter board for beginners, a great job friendly park board and a great intro to all mountain and powder board. A great board!
This is the wide version of the Mechanic, suitable for riders with UK10.5 feet and up
- True Twin - Centre stance twin profile, the perfect all mountain freestyle partner
- Contact Rocker Profile - Flat camber between the feet with rocker on the outside for a stable board with a catch free feel
- Quickrip Sidecut technology - Additional contact points under foot thanks to two blended sidecuts to give extra grip back on a flat or reverse camber board
- Glass Single Barrel Hot Rods - Milled into the core is a sleeve with a fibreglass rod instered which is allowed to move for more pop, more response and a liveley feeling board
- XTRD Base - 3000 rated extruded base which is quicker than some competitors sintered bases!
- Rebound Sidewalls - Durable and built to take a beating thanks to an elastomeric compound added to the sidewall
- TTT Core matrix - Full poplar wood core for strength with a really nice smooth flex
- StraightBiax laminates - Two layers of fibreglass laid up on opposed axis for a mellow flex and added response
- This is the wide version of the Mechanic, suitable for riders with UK10.5 feet and up