The 2020 Rome MOD is one hell of a board, an all mountain freestyle killer! It will devour anything you put in front of it from steep chutes to handrails the mod handles it all with a breeze.
Based on a traditional camber profile the MOD has plenty of pop, grip and response as expected with any standard camber board. This gives a super livley ride when blended with the 7-8/10 flex all in a true twin centre stance package.
To keep this board lively and drive more power Rome add their Turbo Rods to the MOD in a reverse radial V, sounds fancy! This is a hollow sleeve which is milled into the finished core of the board. Into this sleeve a carbon rod is instereted which is only anchored at the central end of the sleeve. This allows the carbon to freely move in the sleeve so it isnt restricted by the core of the board and it can transfer all of its properties freely, more pop, more response, more life! They are laid up fron the edge under foor through to the centre of the tip and tail to ensure you can hold down big landings, transfer power in a heartbeat and pop higher than ever before be it an ollie or snapping in and out of carves. The raised 'bumps on the board are where this is allowed to move and where it is milled into the core, very clever, very effective stuff!!
Speaking of the core the mod is a very lightweight board thanks to 5 bands of lightweight low density wood sandwiched together with poplar wood. This means the MOD feels very light and nimble under foot with a very low swing weight so you can get in and out of turns like lightening and spin with ease.
The Mod is a really fast board too utilising Romes carbon sintered base which not only is rock solid it rides and glides incredibly fast. This gets matched with sinterstrong sidewalls which as the name suggest are also sintered so when you have this carving right up on its edge the sidewall will still glide well on the snow. These sidewalls also have increased amounts of elastic properties enabling them to flex more menaning sidewall breaks are a thing of the past.
If you want to see this board get put through its paces check out Stale Sanbech and Renne Rinnekangas. The Mod is built to withstand the hell they put a board through!
If you want a high end all mountain freestyle board look no further, this is top of the list.
- All mountain True twin - Complete true twin with centred stance
- Stay positive camber - Tried, tested true, Rome nevr backed away from standard camber as you cant beat it for precision, pop, response and edge control
- SinterCarbon Base - Romes highest spec base 10,000 sintered, rock solid base, the fastest glide, more speed, more bang for your buck!
- Glasspack Impact Plates - Kevlar and fibreglass reinforced panels under foot to prevent board compresion and stiffen up the torsional flex under foot for maximum response
- Airpop Superlight Core Matrix - Rome's highest spec lightest core with five tip to tail zones of ultra light weight wood to reduce weight sandwiched between popluar wood for increased durability
- Carbon Reverse Radial V Turbo Rods - milled into the core are channels to which a sleeve sits with carbon rods inside, these are allowed to move for more power, pop and precision
- Superlight Biax Carbon Laminate - Two layers of fibreglass laid up on opposed axis then woven with carbon fibre
- Sinterstrong sidewalls - Dampens vibrations incredibly well as it has more elastic properites over traditional ABS sidewalls