The 2020 Rome Ravine, where to start!? Its a beast of a board, your all terrain powder board which can tear up any part of the mountain. Want to charge? It has you covered, want to do some mellow butters? It plays with ease, want to lay down some carves? It will show you how its done! One hell of a versatile board!
It uses Romes Free the ride 3d camber which not only is a huge mouthful but it is a very clever camber profile too. It is designed to drive a lot of power through the back foot thanks to the camber in the back of the board. The high point of the camber sits behind the centre point of the board and then from there to just in front of the front contact point is a mellow flat camber. This then moves into a reverse camber nose with 3D base bevel to give the nose a spoon shape. To translate that into performance terms it has a lot of power in the back with a mellow front and a nose which wont catch or dive under in deep snow.
To add to this Rome put a taper in the board of around 1cm depending on size. This accentuates the livelyness and power you can drive through the back foot and also makes the back of the board more nimble rather than being wider like the rest of the board. The width does come into play when taking this one off piste aiding float no end and, your choice, does enable you to ride this board a size smaller if you do so wish.
The Hot rods in the tail round this one off with some expolsive pop whether is is in and out of truns or popping off a fresh pillow line in the trees.
This one became an instant favourite of ours for all of the right reasons. Go charge the mountain, kick up some over head powder truns and carve like hell on the Rome Ravine!
- Directional Shape - longer nose shorter tail
- Free the Ride 3D camber - A powerful yet easy to ride profile with camber in the back of the board blending into zero camber from the mid point to justybfore the contact points then a reverse camber nose with spooned 3D bevel to the base
- Bamboo thruster hot rods - Two bamboo rods which freely move in the tail in a bigger V setup to drive power through the tail and enhance pop and response no end
- Tapered board - Narrower tail to aid the tail to sink in powder and create float in the nose. Taper also alllows snappy, quick, powerful turns and carves
- Mid wide width - Wider width for extra float in powder and a super stable platform
- SinterTrue base - Fast high grade sintered base to keep you moving quickly
- Biradial sidecut - Two blended sidecuts with deeper radius at the tail to make this really nimble and enhances the taper
- Pop core Matrix core - Two bands of tip to tail very lightweight low density wood sandwiched together with polar wood. This gives a very lightweight feel
- 45/90 hybrid laminates - 2 layers of fibreglass laid up on 45 and 90 degrees for improved response with out over stiffening the board